Wednesday 18 April 2018

Turmeric to Heal and Soothe

As a child I was always cautioned to be careful when eating anything with mustard as I did not want to end up with stains. I shied away from mustard quite often as I did not want to create a mess. The taste appealed to me, ruining my clothes did not.

As an adult I SEEK OUT turmeric, the spice that creates the YELLOW color to mustard and on my fingers, knife, or cutting board. I love to make turmeric rice using organic turmeric root (and black pepper to activate the spice). After taking several Ayurveda workshops as part of my yoga teacher training I learned that turmeric is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. The curcumin turmeric can treat arthritis, help relieve IBD, reduce blood sugar, and help prevent/delay the onset of Alzheimer's. Since arthritis, diabetes, and Alzheimer's run in my family, I try to make it a practice of including turmeric in my diet on a regular basis.

I try to include turmeric in my life either through cooking with the root or powdered spice, taking a supplement, or drinking turmeric tea.



I have fallen into a pattern, a good one, of having Organifi Gold at the end of the day. As my husband recovers from surgery and uses turmeric to help reduce inflammation, I have started serving him warm Organifi Gold which is infused with turmeric and reishi. The two of us have been enjoying a warm and soothing "tea" to end our day. GOLD is a superfood infused drink that smells like ginger and has a flavor all its own...a ginger/coconut/cinnamon flavor that resonates with me and calls me back day after day!

If you wish to try Organifi Gold, go to: www.organifishop.com and enter code RENE15 for a 15% discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

French Onion Soup ... Reimagined Gluten Free and Vegan

I enjoy making soups. I find there to be something satisfying and comforting about enjoying a bowl or cup of warm soup. French Onion Soup Me...